We aim to develop and nurture professional, intercollegiate, interscholastic and youth sport coaches capable of preparing athletes for positive experiences in sport and teaching life skills necessary to be valued members of their communities.
We believe our first responsibility is to sport coaches, and to the athletes and communities they serve. In meeting their needs, everything we do must be of high quality. We must constantly strive to provide state-of-the-art services and the most current training and information in order to keep sport coaches knowledgeable and up-to-date.
The Institute for Sport Coaching is dedicated to:
- Enabling sport coaches to reach national standards of competence;
- Creating a culture and structure of innovation, constant renewal and continuous professional development;
- Developing awareness of sport coaching resulting in proper recognition and appropriate funding and reward;
- Promoting professional and ethical values and inclusive and equitable efforts.
- Supporting coaches and their communities throughout the coaching life cycle (recruiting, training, performing, transition) with general and sport specific training as well as leadership/management training.
- Combating obesity and inactivity among America’s youth.